[BRLTTY] OT: lynx and cookies

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed May 7 07:48:55 EDT 2008

Hi Mario, thanks for your reply,

> I see the same thing here for amazon.de with botz, lynx and lynx-cur.

Okay.

> My suspicion is that they changed something on their site
> which now makes lynx unusable :-(.

Perhaps, but I wonder whether there isn't a problem on lynx-s side,
however.
Indeed, after submitting a search query to Google, lynx asks whether it
should accept cookies with an invalid prefix. There are options to ask
lynx to accept all cookies even those with an invalid prefix, but this
option seems to be not saved properly on disk.

Can someone else reproduce this behaviour ?

> I have to use firefox
> for amazon ordering since about 3 months now, which really sucks
> since it takes me about 3 times as much time to acomplish the same
> thing I previously did with lynx.

Hmm! That's an interesting news for me because I didn't realize this was
even possible. Do you use FF with braille only or with Braille and
speech ?

Sébastien.