[BRLTTY] Excess argument: -n

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Nov 1 11:13:37 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2008/10/31 at 12:42 -0400]

>In Windows brltty-3.10-3 when I enter the command (from the bin subfolder):
>
>brltty /b:al /d:serial:com1
>
>I get, as far as I can tell from starting Jaws braille after brltty fails to
>start, a loop that gives the brltty banner and the error message:
>
>brltty.exe: excess argument: -n

It's because we add that option internally, and, when doing so, don't handle
the case where the user-specified options are in the DOS format. The options
parser insists that all options be in either one syntax or the other. I'll see
what can be done.

>Selecting a contraction table from the preferences menu works, though US
>contracted braille is the second routing button instead of the 5th.

Please retest table selection to see if all its problems have now been
resolved.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.