[BRLTTY] Excess argument: -n

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Nov 3 15:47:47 EST 2008

Dave wrote:

>Please retest table selection to see if all its problems have now been
>resolved.

Specifying tables from the config file now works properly. Contraction
tables in the preferences menu are not on the same routing buttons as on
Linux; en-us-g2 is on button 4 whereas it's on button 6 in Ubuntu and brltty
3966 if I'm not mistaken.

There are still a couple minor rough edges:

1. In the console window I switched to brltty-3.10-4\bin, shut down all
braille programs (Jaws and Cygwin with its brltty) and issued the command:

brltty

The messages came up properly but there was no prompt. When I hit Enter the
prompt appeared. It seems a repeat (or so) of the banner is on the prompt
line I ordinarily would have seen. Since Windows doesn't know this prompt
line has been subverted it doesn't do anything about it. Once you figure out
what's going on it's not really a problem.

2. In that window I typed the Exit command. The window went away and I could
start Jaws. But when I tried to delete a message in my email program
(Outlook Express) it wouldn't delete. I had to reboot to get things back on
track. I suspect this is more or less expected, at least if I don't run it
as a service.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University