[BRLTTY] Question about brltty on windows and operation withother screen readers

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Sat Nov 1 18:26:37 EDT 2008

On 2/11/2008 8:15 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Michael Whapples, le Sat 01 Nov 2008 22:04:10 -0000, a écrit :
>> After running uninstall.bat, the brltty terminated message showed,
>> but I could not get window-eyes to use my braille display
> I guess libusb-win32 somehow doesn't release the device, even on
> termination.
I have a lot of nasty problems like this with libusb-win32 and BRLTTY.
The worst is that if I unplug my display while BRLTTY is running, it
causes any further USB device attachment/removal to simply do nothing.
It's like it causes USB to lock up. Does anyone know if libbraille
exhibits the same issues?

Does your display emulate a serial port for other screen readers? If so,
you could try configuring BRLTTY to use that emulated serial port. I do
this with my Brailliant and it allows other screen readers to use the
display as it should. I haven't tried libusb-win32 in a while.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/