[BRLTTY] Question about brltty on windows and operation withother screen readers

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Nov 1 18:50:21 EDT 2008

The ALVA 544t has a physical serial port and my laptop has a serial port, so
I could use brltty through serial and window-eyes through USB (this setup
would require both the USB and serial cables connected if I want to use
brltty whilst being free of mains power connections). Also this fix would
require me to remember to switch the connector the ALVA listens on, which is
simple enough, just something else to forget.

Regarding libbraille, I never got my ALVA working through USB, although
Samuel mentioned about the libusb dll provided with libbraille not working,
so may be that caused problems when I used libbraille.

Michael whapples