[BRLTTY] Excess argument: -n

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 3 16:58:28 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2008/11/03 at 15:47 -0500]

>Contraction tables in the preferences menu are not on the same routing buttons
>as on Linux; en-us-g2 is on button 4 whereas it's on button 6 in Ubuntu and
>brltty 3966 if I'm not mistaken.

Are you sure? I'd actually expect it to be on 4. If you have a system on which
it's 6 then could you please tell me what the first 6 routing keys are?

>1. In the console window I switched to brltty-3.10-4\bin, shut down all
>braille programs (Jaws and Cygwin with its brltty) and issued the command:
>
>brltty
>
>The messages came up properly but there was no prompt. When I hit Enter the
>prompt appeared.

My guess is that the first prompt was on the same line as one of the messages.
Can you check for that? For example, it's possible that it's on the same line
as the "excess parameter: -n" message, which, by the way, has now been fixed
(although that fix may not yet be released).

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.