[BRLTTY] using BrlApi with Visual Studio

Thijs Koerselman thijskoerselman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 06:29:15 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Samuel Thibault <
samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> Ah, right, small bug. Dave, here is a patch. I have uploaded a -11
> version on
>
> http://brl.thefreecat.org/brltty/brltty-win-3.10-11.exe
> http://brl.thefreecat.org/brltty/brltty-win-3.10-11.zip
>
> which includes the fix.  In your case, please _do_ use enterTtyMode().
> enterTtyModeWithPath() is only useful for screen readers like NVDA.  In
> your case, you do not want to take the control of the whole desktop, but
> just of your own window.  If your application is console-based, you can
> just call enterTtyMode().  If it is window-based, pass the Windows ID to
> enterTtyMode()

Thanks Samuel for the quick fix. My app is window-based, but I'm not sure
how to send the window id to the enterTtyMode(). I have a HWND handle and I
know how to get a process Id from that, but I don't understand how those
relate to the method arguments tty and driver. Sorry if I'm being thick.

I have a listener attached to the window, so if I pass the correct arguments
to enterTtyMode() I should receive the button callback though my window
handler so there is no need to call the readKey() method anymore, right?

Thanks for all the help.

Thijs