[BRLTTY] using BrlApi with Visual Studio

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Wed Nov 19 06:42:20 EST 2008

On 19/11/2008 9:29 PM, Thijs Koerselman wrote:
> I have a listener attached to the window, so if I pass the correct
> arguments to enterTtyMode() I should receive the button callback though
> my window handler so there is no need to call the readKey() method
> anymore, right?
As far as I know, there's no way to be notified of brltty events in
Windows. If I understand correctly, you would need to have a handle to
the pipe which you place in a call to WaitForMultipleObjects or the
like. Unfortunately, the brlapi client only exposes the handle used to
read from and write to the pipe. I think we need access to the actual
pipe object to get a handle which can be waited on. Any corrections
welcome, but I did look into this quite a bit. Trust Microsoft to make
it overly complicated...

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net