[BRLTTY] fedora 9 and strange characters

Donald Raikes DON.RAIKES at oracle.com
Fri Nov 21 18:04:35 EST 2008

Hello,
I have had brltty 3.9 running on fedora 9 for a several months now. About a month ago, I started getting strange characters showing up on my alva satellite 544 display.

In random places on almost every line, I would see "?" characters. It happens in the shell, in files when I am editing them with vi, in web pages when viewing them with w3m.

I have no idea what changed when this started happening, but yesterday I upgraded to brltty 3.10 and the latest kernel for fedora 9, but the problem still exists.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.