[BRLTTY] Language setting for speech drivers?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Nov 27 12:29:46 EST 2008

Hi.

Since we recently added so many detailed speech settings for
speech dispatcher in the preferences menu, could we add one for switching
languages as well?  While autospeak is pretty useful, it would be even
more useful if I could combine it with contracted german braille when reading
german texts.

Come to think of it, speech should probably autoswitch language
based on the current contraction table in use, since that pretty much implies
a specific language already.  At least the fully contracted versions.
So maybe de-{voll,kurz}schrift.ctb should imply german speech synthesis and
en-g2-*.ctb should imply an english speaker?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'