[BRLTTY] Losing cursor in the latest versions from SVN

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Nov 28 13:08:48 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/11/28 at 18:47 +0100]

>Now it happened again, and I reconfigured my status cells to show these infos.
>The fact is that the cursor is at an unknown location, the status
>cells correctly reflect its position.

An unknown location but with a correct position? I don't understand.

>State dots also tells me that cursor
>tracking is on, but it apparently isn't working.  I should add that the
>initiating event this time was me clicking a routing key to move the cursor
>from one cell to another on the same line.  I hear the routing-started
>sound, but no routing end sound, no failed either.  I dont remember if the
>cursor moved, I was so puzzled, but from then on, cursor tracking didn't work
>anymore.

This is consistent with the cursor routing subprocess not exiting.

>I should probably also add that I am currently running
>the SD speech driver (due to the recent testing stuff) but have autospeak
>set to no.

This may be significant. Can you try not using the SD driver to see if it still
happens? Can the others confirm if they are or aren't using the SD driver when
they experience this problem?