[BRLTTY] having trouble with brltty.conf and how to make Brltty work in cosole and X-windows modes

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Sun Oct 5 16:28:34 EDT 2008

I have a Power Braille 80 braille display.  I am trying to configure in
the "/etc/brltty.conf" file that I want it too load the braille display
on "/dev/ttyUSB)" because I have a usb to serial converter.  But I am
having trouble getting the syntax correct for the device so that it will
load properly.  I think in the device directives there should be an
example showing how to actually set up a device like this.  I could not
quite understand what the format was.  An example would be very helpful
please.

Secondly, I want to use Brltty in both console and X-Windows for Orca.
How would I set this up properly in the "brltty.conf" file?