[BRLTTY] What's the status of US contracted braille?

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Oct 9 14:05:36 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

Now that most of the world appears to be moving toward or has already
adopted UEB I was wondering whether new (or old) errors in the US table will
be fixed.

One very old one, more than a year old I think, is "fedora" which should use
the e-d sign. New ones include St. (such as St. Lawrence) which should use
the s-t sign, and stonemason which should use the o-n-e sign.

I don't want to nag, least of all this team, but more than a year for fedora
does seem excessive on the face of it; and while stonemason is incorrectly
translated, stonewall is handled properly.

If these tables are going to be deep sixed (and I have no idea whether they
are) it'd be nice to clean up those few errors we know about before we
freeze them.

Hope I'm not being obnoxious; just want to make the world a better place...

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University