[BRLTTY] brltty windows version and braillenote

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Tue Oct 14 08:06:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
I made the test.
I must say first of all that at work I have a stupid windows98 operative system, so a more serious test should be made on windows xp.
Anyway, I downloaded Cygwin, followed all step by step and finally I have cygwin correctly installed.
I opened a console window, start, run, command.
than I typed:
cd \cygwin\bin
brltty -b bn -d serial:ttyS0

What I have is that, on my braillenote, I can read "brltty 3.10".
Than, about 2 seconds, "unreadable screen".
That's all.
Anyway I can say that in this mode, it seems that communications between my display braille and the pc are ok.
So I think we should investigate where is the problem on the windows compiled version.
Bye and thanks for all.