[BRLTTY] Brltty, braillelite and cygwin

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Thu Oct 16 02:53:22 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "mattias" <mj at mjw.se>
To: "'Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY.'" <brltty at mielke.cc>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Brltty, braillelite and cygwin

What? Has anyone get braille to work with nvda?

It's experimental and it is not in the main branch of sources of NVDA, but yes, in the development version there is braille support.
I tested it with an italian MDV Mb408s display braille using BRLTTY compiled for windows and it works.
Due to some problems with communication between some serial display braille, we are investigating which displays braille actually work and which not.
Just an idea...
Samuel, could you try to compile a version of brltty with the Libraille support?
I know that the project is not more supported, but it could be a method for working with display braille included in that software.
Braillelite works well with libraille, so perhaps including support in your windows version in brltty for libraille can be a solution. Yes, not the best solution, just an idea...
Bye.