[BRLTTY] Revisiting (again and again) the continuus display issue

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 23 11:10:11 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/10/23 at 14:18 +0200]

>As a user of a 88 cell display which is continuus (no space between "status
>cells" and the rest of the display), I asked about refactoring the status cell
>situation

What, again, was the precise issue? Why didn't we just define that particular
model to have 88 columns?

I believe the recommended solution was to have a core option to define how many
of the text cells to use as status cells. If so, should it be a general option
or should it be a driver-specific option? It seems that it should be
driver-specific, if not model-specific, while still being implemented within
the core. We don't currently have an option structure for this. Any
suggestions?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.