[BRLTTY] Windows: Brltty manual text file full of highlighting instructions

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue Oct 28 12:15:51 EDT 2008

I looked at brltty.txt with both Notepad and WordPad. It's full of [1m, [4m,
etc. These cannot be displayed gracefully on Windows as far as I know. In my
opinion users will not accept it unless, like us, they're predisposed in
brltty's favor. I know that when LibLouis was first announced I looked at
the text version of the help file. When I complained about its format, John
told me not to use that file. My conclusion was that if they produce a file
they tell us not to use, it's not ready for an end user like me. If we
expect NVDA users to accept brltty we'll have to deal with this sooner or
later.

By the way, I was trying to research the -I option to install as a service.
I couldn't find it and am unsure what it means, how permanent it is or where
to look for it.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University