[BRLTTY] [Fwd: No braille support when using Alva Satellite via USB (protocol)]

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Thu Oct 30 05:27:37 EDT 2008

Hi,
I forward a message I sent to the NVDA list regarding braille support of
NVDA via brltty and an USB connection.
I've set up brltty and libusb-win32 according to the instructions given
by the NVDA team.
I use an Alva Satellite 544 connected via USB. When I start the brlapi
service, I get the message that it has been started successfully,
however I don't see the startup message of brltty.
When starting NVDA with braille, I get no error message but no braille too.
I created a debug file, which I've sent to the NVDA team. They advised
me to contact the brltty developers. So here I am.
Can you please check the file to see what eventually might go wrong?
Hermann