[BRLTTY] [Fwd: No braille support when using Alva Satellite via USB (protocol)]

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Fri Oct 31 09:15:21 EDT 2008

On 31/10/2008 8:10 PM, Hermann wrote:
> I installed brltty from the installer that was placed on the NVDA
> sites some days ago (haven't the exact url in mind).
> To Jamie: Does it include the libraille package, and if not, where to
> get it? Do I have to additionally install libraille or replace
> libusb-win32 by libbraille?
As Samuel noted, libbraille is a separate project with a similar goal to
brlapi but a different approach. libbraille and brltty both depend on
libusb-win32. The BRLTTY installer does not include libbraille.
libbraille is only being discussed here because it has drivers for some
of the same displays and it seems that libbraille drivers sometimes work
under Windows where BRLTTY drivers do not.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net