[BRLTTY] [Fwd: No braille support when using Alva Satellite viaUSB (protocol)]

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Oct 31 06:23:30 EDT 2008

Libbraille is not needed for brltty. Libbraille is a bit like brltty and
brlapi except it follows more of a library design than a daemon process
model. Brltty can use libbraille for output, but why use it if brltty has a
driver already for your ALVA (as a note: I never got libbraille to work with
my ALVA in windows via USB, although Samuel may have explained this as I
probably installed libusb-win32 before libbraille when I was using
libbraille in my own projects).

Michael Whapples