[BRLTTY] Brltty on windows

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 22:02:20 EST 2009

Using my PAC Mate braille display (USB):

I've never used a virtual machine, and it's been a long time since
I've used Cygwin with the USB display so I'm fuzzy on details. I THINK
what I have to do is: When switching to brltty, unplug the display,
then switch, then plug it in again. When switching to Jaws, do the
switch and then unplug/plug the display. Or some variation of that. Or
perhaps, I exit brltty, switch to other Windows stuff, start Jaws, and
vice versa. I could be wrong about any of this, but I know I do have
Jaws and brltty running at the same time and can switch between them
though with some difficulty.

Just to make sure, you have Cygwin installing libusb, right? There's a
script you have to run every time libusb is updated; its name is in
README.Windows in brltty's Documents directory. I always build brltty
from subversion.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll