[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patches: oen

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 14 00:58:19 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2009/12/13 at 19:08 -0500]

>Awhile ago I submitted a patch that was totally in error. This patch
>would have put the e-n sign in the suffix schoen. Dave very properly
>blew a gasket

I hope that's not actually how my reaction was perceived. :-)

>(I hope that didn't contribute to his burn <grin>)

No. The cause for that was my own personal carelessness.

>However, there are times when oen _should_ use the e-n sign.

Yes, thanks.

>Constitooency is out-and-out dialect but ooen in the middle of a word should
>probably use the e-n sign.

I left this one in, but I can see potential problems with "ooence". Might it be
better to remove this rule and replace it with "always oo ="?