[BRLTTY] The rhel 4 cd

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Dec 19 23:04:38 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2009/12/20 at 14:44 +1100]

>You could provide images for CentOS, which is RHEL without the
>trademark-infringing material that Red Hat insisted be removed from it.

Perhaps, but if RHEL, CentOS, or whatever is going the same route as Fedora,
adding brltty to an installer image may no longer be very useful. I just
installed Fedora 12 and found that the text-mode install has really been
stripped down. It now only includes the core packages (a very basic system) and
no longer allows the user to control the partitioning. It took a lot of work
after the install to build a reasonable desktop, as well as a fair bit of
technical knowledge that a regular user may well not have.