[BRLTTY] The rhel 4 cd

mattias mj at mjw.se
Sun Dec 20 04:06:58 EST 2009

Dave
How do you install fc 12
Are you blind or not?

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: brltty-bounces at mielke.cc [mailto:brltty-bounces at mielke.cc] För Dave
Mielke
Skickat: den 20 december 2009 05:05
Till: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY.
Ämne: Re: [BRLTTY] The rhel 4 cd

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2009/12/20 at 14:44 +1100]

>You could provide images for CentOS, which is RHEL without the
>trademark-infringing material that Red Hat insisted be removed from it.

Perhaps, but if RHEL, CentOS, or whatever is going the same route as Fedora,

adding brltty to an installer image may no longer be very useful. I just
installed Fedora 12 and found that the text-mode install has really been
stripped down. It now only includes the core packages (a very basic system)
and
no longer allows the user to control the partitioning. It took a lot of work

after the install to build a reasonable desktop, as well as a fair bit of
technical knowledge that a regular user may well not have.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
God.