[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and speech-dispatcher

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 22 16:47:11 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2009/12/22 at 21:19 +0100]

Hi:

>No, as far as I know, it speaks anyhow. But I only noticed this with the ibmtts.

But what if the new module doesn't support the current language, or, if you
switch them the other way around, what if the new language isn't supported by
the current module?

>I thought to configure it in a way in the brltty.conf:
>speech-lang de espeakgeneric:OPTIONS
>speech-lang en espeakgeneric:OPTIONS
>
>Then you have a item in the preferences menu, where you select your language
>like a e.g. text table.

Yes, something like that is a possibility. This really looks like a generic
feature which speech dispatcher itself could be providing, though, but I'll
certainly give it some thought.

>Btw, Orca provides this function to use a different speech-module/language.

Can you please give me a few real examples of how this kind of thing is
specified with Orca?