[BRLTTY] autospeak

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Feb 3 04:46:49 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2009/02/03 at 19:26 +1100]

>I could possibly let you access mine remotely over ssh... I've got to
>get that working first.

That'd be sufficient. I can do the work at any time that's convenient to you,
i.e. while you're sleeping and don't need the device. It just needs to stay on,
active, and correctly configured for Bluetooth use. After initial coding, I'd
need you to do some testing, of course.

>And... well, I got the unit through funding from the government; so is there
>any risk of this damaging the braille note in any way? It's just that it's not
>really mine to break, otherwise, well, I wouldn't be so worried about it.

These things are so expensive that breaking even a personally owned device is
just not a good idea. For serial and Bluetooth support there's no risk. We've
had some close calls while implementing USB support in the past, though,
especially when the manufacturers aren't very helpful.