[BRLTTY] autospeak

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 3 06:29:14 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 04:46:49AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2009/02/03 at 19:26 +1100]
>
> >I could possibly let you access mine remotely over ssh... I've got to
> >get that working first.
>
> That'd be sufficient. I can do the work at any time that's convenient to you,
> i.e. while you're sleeping and don't need the device. It just needs to stay on,
> active, and correctly configured for Bluetooth use. After initial coding, I'd
> need you to do some testing, of course.

No worries, it'll have to be a little while, as my next few weeks are
very busy.

> >And... well, I got the unit through funding from the government; so is there
> >any risk of this damaging the braille note in any way? It's just that it's not
> >really mine to break, otherwise, well, I wouldn't be so worried about it.
>
> These things are so expensive that breaking even a personally owned device is
> just not a good idea. For serial and Bluetooth support there's no risk. We've

Indeed, well if your 100% sure it won't be possible to damage it, that's
not a problem, but as I said, I can't take any risks since it's not
techniqley mine, and I depend on it for everything... :-)

Thanks very much Dave.

Daniel.