[BRLTTY] New .ktb file was: Re: autospeak

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue Feb 3 05:00:19 EST 2009

On 02.02.2009 at 18:02:04 "Lee Maschmeyer" <lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu> wrote:

> It looks like there's a typo around the word "MUTE". Also, I don't see any
> references to the extended keypad, which are the keys between the keypad and
> the regular keyboard. Maybe KPInsert refers to either Insert key? At any
> rate, this is not different from the keypad.ktb in that respect.

What file are you talking about?
If you refer to the desktop.ktb: Where's the typo?
KPInsert means exactly what it is: The insert key on the numpad.
And I use the keys of the extended keyboard: Control, ShiftLeft and some
number and letter keys regarding the mark options.
Please check the difference to the keypad.ktb; it's completely different
in its design.

> For what it's worth, Jaws uses Insert+KP5 for SayWord and Insert+UpArrow for
> SayLine. But Jaws has no commands anywhere on the keypad for controlling
> braille (in fact it has commands on the braille display keys for controlling
> speech!).

OK, don't stick too much to the Jaws/Orca comparison.
The difference is that those keystrokes also move the braille display,
but that's true for all .ktb files. I think it's a new story to diskuss
whether this should occur, or if we prefer to move speech only with that
.ktb file commands.
Hermann