[BRLTTY] Default for key tables - OFF or ON

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue Feb 3 09:31:21 EST 2009

I remember some time ago a message that said (imaginative paraphrase here):

I wanted to install Linux on Charlie's computer but Charlie had a braille
display I didn't know how to use and I couldn't find its help screen.

So perhaps the default ktb table should include ONLY a binding for help. It
should probably not be included by other tables since by the time you can
choose a table you can figure out how to read it. It should work regardless
of keyboard type. So all we need is one unique key binding.

Does anybody else use Caps Lock + h? But that's pretty dependent on knowing
English. How about Caps Lock + F1, since F1 is frequently a help command. Or
Insert+F1 or maybe Application+F1?

Jaws uses Insert+F1, in case we ever get this facility on Cygwin, but not
Application+F1.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University