[BRLTTY] Default for key tables - OFF or ON

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Feb 3 09:44:11 EST 2009

"Lee Maschmeyer" <lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu> writes:

> I remember some time ago a message that said (imaginative paraphrase here):
>
> I wanted to install Linux on Charlie's computer but Charlie had a braille
> display I didn't know how to use and I couldn't find its help screen.
>
> So perhaps the default ktb table should include ONLY a binding for help.

Another approach would be a help viewer for the command-line.
/etc/brltty/brltty-*.hlp is binary encoded, which is unfortunate.
The viewer could even use BrlAPI to detect the display in use and
present the correct help text automatically.

Come to think of it, the help files should be in /usr/share/brltty/ehlp,
because a user is not supposed to edit them (and they are binary).  Same goes for
the saved preferences, they actually belong in /var.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'