[BRLTTY] So key tables will have to remain off by default?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 5 23:37:02 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2009/02/05 at 09:08 -0500]

>That's too bad. I think there's potential here. Having them default to on
>won't hurt anything else. It won't block the more elaborate ideas being
>proposed either. Key tables are already written if their present form is
>acceptable. All we have to do is decide.

What you say is all true. The counter argument, which Mario is raising, is how
much do we really trust this brand new piece of code. What makes this code
special is that it intercepts every single keyboard event which means that the
user will be in really serious trouble should there be some subtle bug in it
that just hasn't been discovered yet.