[BRLTTY] So key tables will have to remain off by default?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 6 01:20:45 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2009/02/06 at 15:51 +1100]

>As an aside, what happens if BRLTTY segfaults or is killed while this is
>active?

Keyboard interception is disabled, i.e. it works as it should. The real danger,
other than a bug within the actual keyboard interception code, is that the
keyboard will appear to be dead if any part of brltty ends up in an infinite
loop. Now we know that this doesn't tend to happen because the braille
display's controls and braille cell updating would also stop working and we
don't tend to see that.

Another thing we may wish to look at is giving brltty a realtime priority so
that keyboard event handling won't slow down on a heavily loaded system. Any
thoughts, anyone?