[BRLTTY] BRLTTY / Speech-Dispatcher: What happens when there is no braille display available?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 20 09:31:34 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2009/02/20 at 15:12 +0100]

>I did so, and I got the startup message, but:
>1. It is lower than I've set up SD and Espeak.

That's probably because of the preferences setting for speech volume. The
preferences are all still braille driver dependent. When you have no braille
display, the "no" driver is used. You probably have no preferenees saved for
that driver so the default settiogs will be used.

>2. I cannot navigate.

I just tried it again to be sure, and navigation did work. To make it simple
for myself, I specified -bno to tell it there's no display.