[BRLTTY] BRLTTY / Speech-Dispatcher: What happens when there is no braille display available?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 20 12:07:58 EST 2009

[quoted lines by Emrah on 2009/02/20 at 16:25 +0100]

>what do you mean by key table? How can I navigate if I do not have the braille
>controls available?

Brltty is now able to intercept keyboard events. If you look in /etc/brltty/
(assuming you have the latest development version) you'll find three files with
the .ktb extension (named keypad, laptop, and desktop). These key tables bind
keyboard key combinations to brltty functions. You can actifvate a key table
via brltty's new -k option, e.g. -kkeypad.