[BRLTTY] standalone build and glibc

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Sat Jul 4 10:31:33 EDT 2009

I'am absolutely not understanding what I should best do; I also haven't seen
any --whole-archive option in the --help of ./configure.
Maybe I better use 3.10 who will probably be good enough, waiting for the
things to get fixed in 4.1 I suppose?

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 03:52:15PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Ok, the ground issue is that libpthread's initialization function does
> not get called, and thus pthread operations get bogus behavior.  As I
> said, Drepper doesn't care about static linking, and the pthread case
> brings a lot of potential issues.  A workaround is to use
> --whole-archive -lpthread --no-whole-archive to include it all.  Another
> way is to automatically disable pthread detection when building a
> standalone brltty.
>
> Samuel

	https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1 :
Micro$oft has a majority market share in the new desktop PC marketplace.
This is a bug, which Ubuntu is designed to fix !
	http://www.ubuntu.com/