[BRLTTY] standalone build and glibc

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 4 10:37:23 EDT 2009

Labrador, le Sat 04 Jul 2009 16:31:33 +0200, a écrit :
> I'am absolutely not understanding what I should best do;

For the --whole-archive & such I was not talking to you actually, but to
Dave & Mario for instance.  That's why I changed the topic.

> Maybe I better use 3.10 who will probably be good enough,

You can also use 4.0, there is no difference between them concerning
the bug at stake.

> waiting for the things to get fixed in 4.1 I suppose?

It won't really be "fixed".  All we can do is a workaround that will
make things work for now, until Drepper breaks static linking yet more.
As I said it's a glibc bug so we can't fix it, just work around it.

Samuel