[BRLTTY] precision regarding brltty 4 doesn't compile: make stops...

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jul 4 10:59:03 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2009/07/04 at 13:51 +0200]

>Should I ask the question in another way:
>it doesn't matter for me what the f... of version of brltty I should compile

May I request that this kind of language not be used here. Showing the initial
letter and then "hiding" the rest is no different whatsoever to writing out the
full word. As far as I'm concerned, therefore, you might as well just spell the
whole word out rather than pretend you aren't using it.

Now I'm not one who believes there's actually such a thing as a bad word. The
word you used, in fact, is a perfectly good one, i.e. the verb which describes
that most beautiful relationship which God has designed so that a husband and
his wife can be joined with one another in a most complete and intimate union.

What's truly sad, though, is mankind's insistance on taking words which have
perfectly good meanings when used in their proper contexts, especially such
great ones as the one being discussed at the moment, and totally denigrating
them, and, by infedrence, the acts and/or objects to which they refer, by using
them to refer to that which is ugly, undesirable, or disgusting. I disdain that
practice and would prefer to not see it here.