[BRLTTY] Braillex EL 66S problem

Delaunay Christophe christophe.delaunay at thomson.net
Wed Jul 15 12:16:47 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for this really fast and efficient reply in which you
wrote:

>Please try the attached patch (pm-bar-1.patch) to see if it fixes the
bar.

Oh yes, it does. All the movements I tried did what was documented in
the help.

>Also, can you test and confirm that the rear and front of both keys
work correctly?

Should I try all the key+bar combinations which are listed in the help?

For the moment, I tried moving the right key front in order to enter
"learn mode". It did what was expected. Then, I tried to move it
backward and it responded "HELP ..." as expected. Then I pressed the
left key back and it printed "BACK ..." and finally, I pressed it front
and it printed "HOME ...".

However, something remains strange for me.

All the cells seem correctly handled until the 40th one. Then, 41st cell
constantly display dots 4568 and cells 42 from the end display some
information I don't understand.

Since I can use my bar now to navigate through the screen, I tried to
login and display some man pages, (man brltty). It seems that for
regular navigation through the screen, brltty takes into account that 40
cells limitation. In other words, when I issue FWinRT, the first 40
cells are panned right and the remaining 26 ones display something other
I don't understand, (may be status?). Most importantly, I can read all
the screen as if my 66-cells display was a 40-cells only one but I
definitely don't loose any information.

Same thing in learn mode. Only the 40 first cells contain text but when
a description is more than 40 characters, the display only pans 40 cells
at a time and therefore, I can read each description.

However, in brltty's help, lines with more than 40 characters are
truncated to 40 and when I pan right, (FWinRT), instead of displaying
the end, it displays next line.

Is it due to the fact it's a testing version of brltty or does it still
need to be fixed please?

Anyway, my easy access bar problem seems to be solved by our patch. Just
in case, I attach a typescript with several bar movement from the login
screen. The command was:

script -c "brltty -b pm -e -n -l debug -t de"

Many thanks for your great help. Have a nice day. Chris