[BRLTTY] Braillex EL 66S problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 15 13:42:35 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Delaunay Christophe on 2009/07/15 at 18:16 +0200]

>Oh yes, it does. All the movements I tried did what was documented in
>the help.

Excellent! That fix has now been committed to the source repository.

>>Also, can you test and confirm that the rear and front of both keys
>work correctly?
>
>Should I try all the key+bar combinations which are listed in the help?
>
>For the moment, I tried moving the right key front in order to enter
>"learn mode". It did what was expected. Then, I tried to move it
>backward and it responded "HELP ..." as expected. Then I pressed the
>left key back and it printed "BACK ..." and finally, I pressed it front
>and it printed "HOME ...".

That's good enojgh. Thanks. As long as each individual key and bar position is
doing the right thing, combinations will work.

>However, something remains strange for me.
>
>All the cells seem correctly handled until the 40th one. Then, 41st cell
>constantly display dots 4568 and cells 42 from the end display some
>information I don't understand.

That's probably status information which hasn't been designed well for a
horizontal status area. I'm somewhat surprised that it isn't the first 60 cells
that area okay, but that could be from previously saved preferences. In any
event, I'll have another look through that code, but there's something you can
do right away.

Go into the preferences menu and find the selector for "Status Field 1". I
suspect it's set to "Generic". To get rid of status cells algotether, change it
to "End". You can, of course, configure as many status fields as you'd like to
contain whatever information would be useful to you. Remember to save your
preferences when you're done.