[BRLTTY] Solved: Braillex EL 66S problem

Delaunay Christophe christophe.delaunay at thomson.net
Thu Jul 16 04:31:40 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

You wrote:

>Excellent!

For sure. I even tried orca this morning and it works like a charm.

>That fix has now been committed to the source repository.

Thanks a lot for this fast and efficient fix.

>>However, something remains strange for me.
>>
>>All the cells seem correctly handled until the 40th one. Then, 41st
cell
>>constantly display dots 4568 and cells 42 from the end display some
>>information I don't understand.
>
>That's probably status information which hasn't been designed well for
>horizontal status area. I'm somewhat surprised that it isn't the first
60 cells
>that area okay, but that could be from previously saved preferences. In
any
>event, I'll have another look through that code, but there's something
you can
>do right away.
>
>Go into the preferences menu and find the selector for "Status Field
1". I
>suspect it's set to "Generic". To get rid of status cells algotether,
change it
>to "End".

Many thanks. It solved the problem. In fact, instead of doing this, I
placed
"Status position" to none. The display is now full with real text. If I
need
status cells later, I now know where to look for and how to set them.

Many thanks for this great job. Have a nice day. Chris