[BRLTTY] Testing with /branches/brltty-4.1 on OpenSolaris - looking good

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 2 10:32:45 EDT 2009

Hi Dave:

I'm trying /branches/brltty-4.1 out now on OpenSolaris with Orca.  I've
been running it for an hour.  So far it looks pretty good.

One thing I noticed, however, is that running brltty with a bad option
seems to cause a daemon to start.  I would have expected it to exit.
Below, I run brltty with a "--floozle" option.  You'll notice that
brltty complains, but the "brltty --floozle" process ends up running:

wwalker at opensolaris:~/work/brltty-4.1$ brltty --floozle
brltty: unknown option: -
BRLTTY 4.0 rev 4859M [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
wwalker at opensolaris:~/work/brltty-4.1$ ptree | grep brltty
     28713 brltty -d usb:,serial:/dev/term/0 -bbm -xno -p none -A
auth=none -n
     28758 grep brltty
28754 brltty --floozle

I'm not sure if brltty has always behaved this way or not, but I thought
I'd point it out.  It's certainly not a show stopper.

BTW, I'm also assuming you'll end up changing the BrlTTY and BrlAPI
version numbers in the official release.  :-)

Many thanks,

Will