[BRLTTY] Testing with /branches/brltty-4.1 on OpenSolaris - looking good

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 2 10:54:59 EDT 2009

[quoted lines by Willie Walker on 2009/10/02 at 10:32 -0400]

>I'm trying /branches/brltty-4.1 out now on OpenSolaris with Orca.  I've
>been running it for an hour.  So far it looks pretty good.

That's good news. Thanks.

>One thing I noticed, however, is that running brltty with a bad option
>seems to cause a daemon to start.  I would have expected it to exit.
>Below, I run brltty with a "--floozle" option.  You'll notice that
>brltty complains, but the "brltty --floozle" process ends up running:
>I'm not sure if brltty has always behaved this way or not, but I thought
>I'd point it out.

It's always been that way. Having it exit would put a braille user in an
unacceptable state, i.e. he can't find out why it didn't start.

>BTW, I'm also assuming you'll end up changing the BrlTTY and BrlAPI
>version numbers in the official release.  :-)

Actually, as an experiment to test user awareness on a global basis, I was
planning to leave them the way they are. :-)