[BRLTTY] Default braille table

Alex Bernier alex.bernier at free.fr
Mon Oct 5 01:59:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 04:47:20PM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
[...]
> It probably should define the default table (which doesn't necessarily
> have to be the built-in table).  I guess to make things totally
> unambiguous, we'd need:
>
> --with-builtin-text-table
>
>   Specifies the text translation table built into the BRLTTY executable.
>   This table is used when no external tables can be loaded.
>
> --with-default-text-table
>
>   Specifies the text translation table to use by default if no other
>   table specification is provided via the command line or the
>   configuration file.  If this option is not specified, the default
>   action is to auto-select the table based on the current locale.
>
> --with-text-table
>
>   This is the same as specifying --with-text-builtin-table and
>   --with-default-text-table using the same argument.

A suggestion :
--with-text-table-selection-mode=auto[:fallback_table] | man:table
  If "auto", locales are used (if it fails, "fallback_table" is used).
  (Currently, it's not clear to me if "fallback_table" should be an optional
  parameter or required...).

  If "man", and no other table are specified via the command-line or
  configuration file, "table" is used.

Alex