[BRLTTY] Braille displays lags after a kernel upgrade

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 5 16:17:59 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2010/04/05 at 21:53 +0200]

>After a kernel upgrade, maybe from 2.6.31 to 2.6.32, my braille display,
>a Handy Tech Braille Star 40 on bluetooth, lags a bit. If I press a key
>on the display to scroll, it takes half a second before it reacts. I
>feel it's tied to some sleeping issues, because it doesn't happen
>always. I upgraded to yesterdays svn version of BRLTTY, and the same
>problem percists.
>
>I'm running Fedora 12 on a Lenovo Thinkpad X61S (32bit version). What
>could I do to solve this problem?

It may be coincidental, but I've noticed posts on the USB developers list which
have the phrase "btusb autosuspend" in their subjects. I assume that btusb
refers to Bluetooth USB donglesi, or, at least, some flavour of using Bluetooth
via USB. Perhaps, therefore, you could try telling your system not to
autosuspend your Bluetooth USB device (assuming that's what you have).