[BRLTTY] Notes about the problem with doubled and trebled letters

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 23 06:37:42 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/04/23 at 08:12 +0200]

>as you suggested I tested the behavior with and without speech. Unfortunately,
>switching off the speech doesn't seem to stop the problem.

How did you turn off speech? Did you do it by telling brltty to use the "no"
speech driver?

>My notebook has a 2.1 Ghz CPU, so I can't fully understand why brltty shouldn't
>have enough CPU time.

Just to be sure, next time around when the problem occurs could you please do
the uptime command and check what the load average is?

>I tried also renice, which took also no effect.

renice -20 ?

>The testing of this behavior is also a bit tricky because it happens only from
>time to time.

>Have you any suggestions,

Nothing that comes to mind immediately.

>should I rebuild brltty from source?

Yes, pelase, if you can. It's always possible there's an old problem which has
been fixed for a while and that I've forgotten about.