[BRLTTY] building brlapi for Android (ARM processor)

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 30 16:25:27 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Shiri Azenkot on 2010/04/30 at 11:35 -0700]

>Any updates on this?

Compiling and linking now work, but I have to decide how to resolve a problem.
Brltty's configure script was never properly designed for cross-compiling. The
difficulty is that, in order to build brltty, it also needs to build an
executable which needs to run on the build host. In other words, while the
cross compiler and its options need to be used for building brltty itself, the
host compiler and its options need to be used for building another executable
which is needed to help build brltty. I'm not sure what the best way to do this
is.