[BRLTTY] building brlapi for Android (ARM processor)

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Apr 24 00:17:13 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Shiri Azenkot on 2010/04/22 at 20:54 -0700]

>I downloaded and built the Android source. It has a prebuilt toolchain
>(includes a cross compiler, arm-eabi-gcc) and a custom libc called bionic
>that must be used to build native Android programs. This was pretty simple.
>You can get the source here: http://source.android.com/download.

Not quite as simple for me. I got a Java exception when doing the make. It
looked like the toolchain was already built by then, though, so I proceeded. No
success, though, as the ld command in the toolchain is complaining that it
can't find crt0.o. Doing a find for crt0.* yields nothing so it seems that
there may not be any source for it either. I'll keep trying.

Which version of the arm-eabi toolchain did you use? I'm using 4.4.0 at the
moment, but would prefer to be sure I'm using the same one you are.

>Then I set a CFLAGS environment variable with a list of flags that are
>needed to properly cross compile an application and link bionic to it. I
>wrote a script to do this--let me know if you want me to post it online or
>send it to you. My script is based on the flags set by agcc:
>http://plausible.org/andy/agcc.

Please do as that'd save me some time.