[BRLTTY] My full logs become complicated

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 6 23:49:08 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL on 2010/06/06 at 20:32 +0200]

>Here's how I started a dialog with Samuel on debian-accessibility
>because I believed it was a debian package problem. In fact it's only
>that, changing to rsyslog, the brltty problem becomes very difficult to
>live everyday.

It's not a packaging problem. It looks like a problem I'd expect due to
incorrect coding within the EuroBraille driver. My guess is that that's the
kind of device you have. There was discussion some time ago about correcting
this problem but I guess it never got done.

Are you okay with building brltty from its development stream? If you are then
perhaps I can fix it for you. I don't want to modify the code, however, unless
I have someone who can test my changes as I don't personally have access to a
EuroBraille.