[BRLTTY] Here is my Problem...

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 10 08:56:08 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Saravanamutthukumaran on 2010/06/10 at 15:56 +0530]

Hi:

> Previously i sent the error that i got while configure the Brltty
>source(config.log file). For that i got reply from one of our
>friend(Samule). He got find the last line of the confic file(I think), in
>that it returns like this:
>
>> configure: exit 0
>
>He said that configured successfully.

He's correct. That means the configure was successful.

>In the middle of the confic file(i.e, in many place), i got an error like
>this:
>
>> configure:3660: checking for library containing __cxa_pure_virtual
>> configure:3701: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
>> /tmp/ccdWA8XP.o: In function `main':
>> /cygdrive/d/brltty/conftest.c:26: undefined reference to
>`___cxa_pure_virtual'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> configure:3707: $? = 1
>> configure: failed program was:

These are okay. You're just not understanding how configure works. It tests to
see which features your system does and dosn't have. It does this by creating
test programs. If the test program for a feature succeeds then your system has
that feature - if it fails, as in this case, then your system doesn't have that
feature.

Don't worry yourself by looking through config.log. That's just the record of
all the things configure tried. It'll always contain failures for the various
features which your system doesn't provide. Just go by what configure writes to
the screen. Even that can be a lot, though, so I suggest you run configure with
its -q (quiet) option so that you only see the truly important output.