[BRLTTY] brltty as a replacement for libbraille

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Mar 18 14:07:26 EDT 2010

Ulrich Völkel, le Thu 18 Mar 2010 12:26:21 +0100, a écrit :
> As soon as the brltty terminal gets the focus my application
> receives the key event.
>
> The same happens when I compile my app as a console application (with Qt
> you simply add a "CONFIG += console" parameter to your project file). If
> I start my app it opens a console and the main window. The main window
> gets the focus. If I press a key, nothing happens. As soon as the
> console gets focused the main window receives the key event.

How do you call enterTtyMode? If you leave tty to -1, libbrlapi will
automatically get the current console's HWND, yes.

> I searched the mailinglist and found some remarks about passing the HWND
> of the focused window to brltty but is that true and if so, how do i
> correctly cast a HWND to an int?

Just cast it into an int :)
For 32bit compatibility reasons, Windows will not have >32bit HWNDs.

> Does anyone have an idea, how to solve the problem?
> I don't need any focus-handling done by brltty but a quite basic in/out
> as with libbraille. And all that in a windows gui application.

Then you can use enterTtyModeWithPath(NULL, 0, NULL); to get root
control.

> Or is there any application out there that has done something similar so
> I could look how it is done?

NVDA does it.

> btw: brltty, at least in it's default configuration, does not recognize
> the fourth (from right) of the blue keys on top of the Tieman Voyager
> display.

That, however, I can't answer :)

Samuel